Saturday, October 2, 2010

Halloween Costume Super Find!

I am so grateful I listened to Hubbs when he said we should hold out on ordering the Dalmatian Halloween costume from OldNavy.ca.

Not that the Old Navy Dalmatian costume wasn't adorable (click here to view) but when we were looking at ordering it not even a week ago it was 26.50 plus taxes and shipping. I couldn't see spending that much on a Infant Halloween costume that Monster will wear twice in a two week time period. However, I was going to make an exception if that was the only Dalmatian costume that I could find.

Today, not even thinking about Halloween costume shopping my mom and I headed downtown with the intention to browse some local stores. Along the way, on a whim, she suggested we head to one of our town's thrift stores. At risk of sounding like a terrible person, I'm going to be honest in saying that it's not my favorite place to be. The lack of pricing, organization and friendly volunteers makes me itch.

The first thing I saw when I walked in the door was the rack of children's Halloween Costumes. My eyes hit something white with black spots.. So I literally ran to the rack. A Dalmatian Halloween Costume in Monsters size! I found the perfect costume, in perfect condition, for TWO DOLLARS!

I should have bought a lottery ticket, because that was unbelievably random, amazing luck! Mission complete! Now onto my costumes finishing touches...

1 comment:

  1. Did you do Value Village? (Do they have one out there, even?) I love the concept of thrift stores, but there's one thing that I can't stand: the smell. It's this odd amalgamation of the scents from the homes of the former owners of said sale itmes.

    Of course, there was a Target not too far from my old house in Florida that I wouldn't go in, either. It smelled like melted crayons.

    Either way, though, that's an awesome deal!

    ReplyDelete