Thursday, November 11, 2010

More Tub Toys!

It's hard to find cool tub toys for Monster's age group. Plain and simple.

I really really enjoy the fun the Munchkin Squirters has brought to our half an hour a day ritual in the tub. Monster knows that it's almost bed time, so he really enjoys his splash time in the tub. And I love squirting water at Monster with the cute little squishy animals.

Alas, seeing the same old toys everyday gets tiresome, so when I was Christmas "window shopping" in our local big box store's baby aisle I came across a simple little toy (toys, rather). A bag full of foam letters and numbers! The packaging suggests 3+, and anyone who knows why I'm welcome to hear the reasoning! The foam is relatively hard, making it difficult for a baby to chew a piece off and choke. Maybe it's just the fact that it's unrealistic to expect your 8 month old to know how to count to 10 and say the alphabet?

Anyways, I bought the big bag of letters and numbers that day and brought them home. They are awesome! Just for the shear fact that when they're wet they stick to the sides of the tub and shower! Monster wont sit still in the bath, and part of the reason could be the colorful letters and numbers plastered all around him in his bath? I like them, because if he's reaching for the letters that means he is not reaching for the bath tub plug!

Not only are the cool right now, but they are a toy that can grow with Monster. As he started speaking more and more, we can teach letters, numbers and colors in the tub. As for right now, I do all the talking and he does all the chewing.



Here's Monster showing me his name.


Cute baby face in the tub!



Chewing on the blue number one!

4 comments:

  1. haha... similar pictures of a 6 month old Muk Muk on my FB page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, from Zellers and they were under $10. I'm thinking 5.99? But I can't quite remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much baby proofing... He will soon take the razor and shave his head ;)

    ReplyDelete