Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lifestyle Resolution -- And the Sales Approach?

Today is a new day! I was sitting in a seminar this afternoon that had absolutely nothing to do with weight loss or healthy eating but I did hear a wise piece of advice that is most definitely transferable.


It takes twenty-one tries to change a habit into a routine or a better habit. The seminar was regarding sales and creating a routine in order to ensure we've covered every base that we need to. If you fail to meet your new routine anytime between your first attempt and your twenty-first attempt, you must start back at one until you achieve your goal.

Once you've reached your twenty-first time, without fail you should congratulate yourself on creating a new habit or routine for yourself. How does this translate to a lifestyle change, or weight loss? I don't know. If I chose not to order french fries the first 21 times I'm offered them, then by the time I'm offered them the 22nd time I've created a habit and wont ever be tempted? I will never be tempted by the salty, golden wondrous things we call fries again?

I doubt it. What are your thoughts on the whole thing? How does changing a habit or routine in one aspect of your life translate to the part of your brain that controls your eating habits or exercise routines? So far on my weight loss journey I've been able to say no, or just "taste" tempting high point foods but I don't know where that sudden will power or self control even came from? I don't know. I guess for as long as I have will power and self control I guess I don't really need to worry about where it came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment