Saturday, September 25, 2010

Feeding Schedule

Over the last week we've been trailing a new infant feeding schedule.

Monster has been less and less interested in his bottles during the day so were letting him lead the way in an increase of solids. (Note: I am aware that it is recommended by health care professionals all over North America and likely the whole world that an infants nutritional needs until their first Birthday should be met mainly by breast milk or infant formula and solids should come secondary.)

As of today this is his 7 month feeding schedule:

6:30-8am Breakfast Bottle (8oz)
9:30-10:30am Breakfast (Cereal or Yogurt and Fruit 2oz Formula in sippy cup)
12:30-1pm Nap time Bottle (8oz)
3pm Lunch (Fruit and Finger Food Snack, 2nd Formula in sippy cup)
5pm Supper Bottle (8oz)
6:30pm Supper (Veggies, Meat or Table Foods, 2oz Formula in sippy cup)
8-8:30pm Bedtime Bottle (8oz)

Tonight was the first night we had a family meal where all 4 (Uncle Slim was over) of us ate the exact same thing. I made a home made beef stew (so I knew just what was in it and that it wasnt high in sodium, etc) with only veggies Monster has already tried before. I pureed his portion and he gobbled it all up! I think he welcomed the array of new flavors!

It was our first real family meal! I can only look forward to the time when it will always be this way (and feeding my child will be much less work, like say cutting up his portions instead of pureeing it!).




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment