Monday, September 20, 2010

Mommy Dates and Mommy Groups

Well, tomorrow I'm going to do it! I'm going on a Mommy Date, to a Mommy Group.

Nothing brings women together like babies. Wow, how old fashioned "barefoot in the kitchen" do I sound? Honestly though, anyone who is a parent has some kind of common ground right?

Tomorrow I have plans with a mama who is a mutual acquaintance to meet for coffee. That date I am certainly not worried about. She is friendly, easy to talk to and we can always default to baby talk if we run out of things to say. What I'm worried about is what comes next.

After our coffee date we're heading to a local mommy group *sigh*. I am a friendly, honest, open, kind of funny person and I will do just fine in a room full of strangers. Or at least that's been my mantra since I made the plans a couple hours ago. Most of my mommy interaction has been with family (who has to love me anyways) or on my whattoexpect March forum. I love my virtual mommy group, it's safe, warm and familiar. Oh! And it has a very handy "ignore" button...

On a lighter, brighter note I could make some new friends in the exact same position I am in currently.

Here goes nothing! Wish me and Monster luck!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment