Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finding the Me in Mommy

Once upon a time there was a girl whose main goal in life was to get married and have a family.

That girl was me. I didn't have ambitions to spend years in school to become a surgeon, or ambitions to travel the world alone, or ambitions to spend all my money on booze at the bar every night.. I wanted to be a wife and mommy.

That sounds very 1950's and I'm sure many women would look down on me for it, but to each there own.

Now that I have everything, and have achieved those goals I have a new dilemma. How do I find the ME in MOMMY? I'm not having an identity crisis, I am very happy devoting my thoughts and time to being the best mommy I can be.

The problem is, who do I become when mommy isn't my number one job anymore? Being a mom will always be my number one priority but I won't always be needed at some point in the future my children will grow up and run off to university or to travel the world, and then what's left for me?

Nope, definitely not a pressing issue now, but something I need to think about.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment