Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Infant Milestones!

Infant milestones amaze me every time! It is just amazing how much and how quickly Monster is changing!

As we reach the 6 and a half month mark Monster has reached three new surprising milestones! I am bursting with glee for my boy! In the last week Monster has started to:

1. Wave! Once Monster became more mobile I always waved Hello and Buh-Bye with his little arm in hopes that one day he would get the hang of it too. Well, it's not perfect but he's been enthusiastically waving his little arm up and down when we say "Buh-Bye" to people (I usually have to do it the first time but he mimics right after)!

2. Reach up! The first time I noticed he was doing this was just yesterday afternoon, and he hasn't stopped since! Last night in the tub was the most obvious, he grabbed onto the side of the tub, turned sideways to face me and reached his arms up to be picked up. He did it this afternoon at the play group when he was getting tired, and again this evening when he was finished in the tub.

3. Pull up! Ok, this one definitely isn't perfect yet but we keep practicing! Monster and I sit on the floor facing each other, I put my hands out in front of me and say "Hands" he then grabs my hands with his and pulls up to a standing. On anything else he only gets up on one knee and one foot but it's quite the start!

Seeing the 7 and a half month old girls at the play group made me realize just how much mobility Monster will likely gain in one short month. Having an infant reach milestones is just so exciting!




My little hunk! :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment