Monday, September 20, 2010

Parental Love

Love is a feeling that never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think I have it all figured out... BAM! Curveball!

Hubbs and I have been together for over 5 years now, and I've never once questioned or doubted my love for him. Probably because we started dating in June 2005, but in March of 2005 I already knew I wanted to marry him. I thought I knew love inside out, and had experienced all that I could just from loving my husband.

Until I became a mom.

The love I feel for Monster makes me want to apologize a million times to my own mom. I was a good kid, but sometimes I was mean and spiteful. As a child I just didn't understand the love my mom and dad had for me, how could I?

How could anyone ever begin to explain the magnitude? Parental love is also a need to protect, a strive to be the best, a will to be a better person so that the child is too.

How does any parent live after hearing the "I hate you"s of puberty? How does any parent live when your teenager hates you?

I guess I can only hope Monster is a mamas boy and loves me forever.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment