Saturday, October 2, 2010

Checking out Cloth Diapers!

Earlier this evening I blogged about considering transitioning Monster to cloth diapers, ultimately becoming a greener, more cost effective parent!

Today I decided to put on my green-mommy-big-girl-panties and head down to our local "Green Mommy" store Nurtured By Nature to check out their selection of cloth diapers and cloth diaper inserts. Don't get me confused with someone who actually knows anything about cloth diapers, because I most certainly don't. I'd probably need a demo DVD to actually teach me how to put one on properly.

One in particular caught my eye because of it's price. I am cheap, therefore color, texture and costs are usually the first things I notice about anything clothing related. This particular cloth diaper, plus two cloth inserts was cheaper then another brand's cloth diaper (no inserts included). The Bamboo Minky All-in-One Cloth Diaper. Holy Hannah was that the softest thing I've ever laid my fingers on! At 15.50 per diaper with 2 inserts I could afford a few per shot.

Is it terribly sad that I am actually excited for this new cloth diapering adventure? That is when I finally decide to take the plunge and buy some! :)

4 comments:

  1. You should go for it! I totally plan on using G Diapers when that day arrives for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS You should go check out the gDiaper website! It shows you how they work and prices and all the super cute covers! I've used them when I worked at the daycare and found they worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will!! Thanks Kara!

    I would really like for your time to be soon... So how about your JUMP on that BANDWAGON! ;) Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cloth diapering rocks. :-)

    ReplyDelete