Thursday, September 30, 2010

Warning: Complaint Enclosed!

I am so grateful that Hubbs has a secure job that provides our family with a home and food in our bellies...

Having said that, I am displeased with the various scheduling issues we've faced in the last year. Since Hubbs is a responsible, loyal employee the company paid for him to receive his Level 3 First Aid certification, and paid for his two weeks off to receive the education. It's great! I love that he has the ability to respond in an emergency at home or on the job, and the pay increase when he is the lead attendant on shift isn't terrible either.

I do not love that his schedule gets flip flopped according to when and what shift he is needed. For the next 4 weeks Hubbs will be stuck working the compressed shift. Essentially it's three 10 hour shifts in the span of 48 hours.

Not only is that difficult physically and emotionally by he'll need a couple days of recovery after it's finally finished.

It doesn't seem right to complain, because in the end Monster and I will get more time with Hubbs at home but as his wife it's my duty to complain on his behalf. Bah!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment