Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ugh! Sick Baby!

Well, my fear was realized not too long after writing my blog (Signs of an Infant Cold) blog about Monsters infant congestion!

All and all it hasn't been terrible during the day. He's pretty much his usual happy, awesome self except for random sneezing, coughing and snot bubbles. Yes, I love my Monster enough not to be grossed out when he wipes his snotty nose on my shirt shoulder. Some ways we've kept the symptoms at bay during the day are;

1. Hanging out in the bathroom while a hot, steamy shower is running
2. Vicks VapoRub for Babies on his chest and back
3. Saline Rinse up the nose, followed by a nasal syringe
4. A lot of time bouncing out his snot in his exersaucer

At night though, it's a whole different ball game. It doesn't matter what, or how much we do to help our Monster, he is still crazy congested! On average for the last two nights he's woken up at least 3 times which completely unusual for my Monster, who normally doesn't wake up once. Hubbs has been on compressed shift for the last two nights so it's just been my pug and I in our king sized bed... I haven't been hesitant at bringing Monster to bed with me after his 3rd time waking up during the night.

It's amazing how the best medicine for a sick infant is sleep, but night time is when the cold is unbearable enough to force them awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment