Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Badge of Honor

Right the very minute my Grandpa - one of the most important men in my life - is undergoing testing to see if he is a candidate for surgery.

I'm not going to go into too much details because this blog is not for pity but for support! On Sunday I was visiting my mom, and she gave me a few old tee shirts asking if Hubbs wanted them. They are vintage style baseball tees right from my Grandpa's closet! I took them for myself!

I've worn one every day this week as a badge of honor. Showing how lucky I am to have my Grandpa in my life and to support him on his journey! The tees are older then I am but are in "like-new" condition because they were likely in the deep dark depths of his closet for 20-plus years.

Today's tee is almost 30 years old, and says something like "I survived the P.B.D Fishing Derby" and has a couple silly cartoon guys on it, fishing off their boat.

But when I look at it in the mirror all I see is "I love you Grandpa!"

1 comment:

  1. I read this and teared up. I very much love my gramps too sister. <3

    ReplyDelete