Sunday, November 7, 2010

Adventures in Eating Well - Part One

Because of my gallbladder issues, my weight issues and the health risks that go hand in hand with being over weight I am constantly on the look out for better eating options.

Today I am making good ol' fashioned spaghetti sauce and pasta. My favorite thing about spaghetti sauce is that it is essentially a veggie dumping ground. I can add almost any vegetable into the sauce and it makes little difference to the taste. Perfect for hiding extras!

Tonights sauce has chopped spinach, grated cauliflower and celery as it's extras. That is over and above the regulars like tomato, onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Whole wheat pasta smothered in said sauce.... MmmMmm, is it just me or did it just get hungrier in here?

Dishes like this, chilli, homemade soups and stews are perfect for picky eaters and toddlers. As long as you cut everything small enough and don't let it slip about what's really in there. ;)





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. have you tried making a delicious chick pea curry? or maybe a lightly oiled stir fry? or even making your own sushi (without the raw fish)? I know some pretty decent recipes that are pretty healthy :)

    ReplyDelete