Thursday, November 11, 2010

Adventures in Healthy Eating - Part two!

I'm hard pressed to find a way to cook my veggies that Hubbs will actually enjoy eating them.

Don't get me wrong, he eats his veggies, he just does not like eating them as much as say... Steak! It's my quest in this life to make healthy eating as enjoyable as I can for us and our growing family. It's important to me to instill those choices in my children so they live a long and healthy life!

A couple days ago I decided to make a "stir fry" with some left over veggies in my fridge to go with our no so healthy roast beef. I tossed broccoli, cauliflower and corn into a pan (with just enough oil in the bottom to cover the pan... Approximately a teaspoon) along with 3 chopped up garlic cloves!

Obviously if you don't like garlic, you're not going to like this idea but it's perfect for us because Hubbs and I are slightly obsessive when it comes to garlic. Stir up the veggies every few minutes until they're soft. If you find they're cooking too fast on the outside, just pour some water in the pan (half a cup) and let it help steam them a bit.

I added salt and pepper to taste and voilĂ ! A super enjoyable side dish! I welcome you to try it, and explore your spice rack while doing so!







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. You should get the cookbook Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld! I have it and of course have yet to try anything but I need to start because my other half doesn't eat veggies at all!

    ReplyDelete