Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New Breakfast and/or Snack!

This mommy is striving to eat more healthy, be more active and ultimately get into better shape for myself, my Hubbs and my Monster.

Today I "invented" a new breakfast or afternoon snack designed to keep you feeling full and energized for the day (Forgive me because I'm sure I'm not the first to combine these foods).

In a bowl I combined 1/2 cup Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt, 1/3 cup Fiber 1 Honey Cluster Cereal, 4 tbsp Hemp Hearts and 4 sliced Strawberries. I didn't stir it all together because I like to design eat bite and yes, I am aware of how strange that sounds.

See Photo:





And close up (Note: My strawberries were thawed from frozen, hence the unappealing look)






The strawberries and vanilla yogurt are just enough sweet that I might be able to talk myself out of a chocolate bar. The fiber cereal is to hold you over until your next meal or snack and the biggest benefits of hemp hearts is its ability to help fight fatigue.

It was my first time trying hemp hearts and I'm pleased to report that they aren't as seedy or grainy feeling as I thought they'd be in the yogurt.

Of course I'm sure granola would be great in exchange for the cereal and the strawberries would be interchangeable with different fruits.

I dare ya to try it! :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. I'm also fond of taking a bite of items around my plate in a circle instead of eating just the veggies, then just the meat.

    ReplyDelete