Monday, September 13, 2010

Becoming a Hypocrite

It wasn't long ago I was lurking on my home board over at whattoexpect.com and came across more then one thread regarding infant modeling.

I read the threads with an open mind thinking "To each their own..." and moved on. However, my lovely friend enyo (click here for blog link) blogged about how she was choosing not to pursue anything like infant modeling.

I read the blog and enthusiastically agreed commenting something like "I already know I have the cutest baby in the world, I don't need to win contests to affirm that. It just wouldn't be fair to all the other average babies.". No, I'm not a terrible person, I'm just bias about my child. ;)

Then it happened. I stumbled across a contest that I just could not pass up. Whilst walking in my local big box store I came across a pad of applications for the "Zellers Baby Face Contest". You submit 2 photos and a 50 word essay about why your child should win. The prize that attracted me to the contest was a $10,000 RESP for the winning child, along with your child representing Zellers by being on the cover of their Biggest Baby Event Flyer (set to run this January).

To me entering the contest isn't about giving my infant a big head, or huge ego but about the potential prize money for his future education, and perhaps assistance in world domination.


Who wouldn't choose this face?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I'd vote for Monster in a second!!! If votes count and i can vote, let me know. He's a winner in my books!!! :)

    ReplyDelete