Monday, August 9, 2010

A Mothers Secret Agenda

Every parent has dreams, ambitions and expectations for their child(ren), anywhere from complete world domination, to becoming the next Vancouver Canuck, or perhaps becoming a world class surgeon.

I realize that in the end a child will likely vocalize their likes and dislikes and ultimately only pursue the goals or dreams they have for themselves rather then what their parents want for them. That doesn't mean it hurts to try...

Hubbs has already decided that it is important to put Monster in hockey. I agree, that we should put him in as many different activities as our little town has to offer to find one that he loves and excels at.

I personally have my own ambitions for my son. I would adore it if he became musically inclined. We have in our possession an acoustic guitar and bass guitar that neither the Hubbs nor I actually know how to play. Those instruments are longing to be enjoyed, strummed and make the music they were intended to. Monster will inherit those instruments as soon as he is old enough to take classes to learn to play them.

This mommy's secret agenda is to simply expose Monster to as many different songs and types of music as I possibly can in order to inspire a love and appreciation for music. It gives me another reason to dance and sing around the house like a crazy person too!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Heh. You aren't the only one who is crazed about getting our children to a certain goal. I have this expectation that Norton will be in music, since all of the kids in my family do something musical through school. I have goals of intellectual superiority in mind for our boy, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You're read my blog. At the supreme risk of sounding like a creep, I'm so happy! I've been waiting for enyo comments! :)

    I actually referenced you in saying "anywhere from complete world domination.."

    ReplyDelete