Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Walking on Sunshine

Every single day my Monster changes, yesterday I discovered that he has become bored with the view inside our house. I have to admit, we do spend a lot of time in our house, playing games, bouncing in the excersaucer, and reading stories.

Of course I started by blaming his fussiness on four month sleep regression (he has been fighting his naps lately), teething pain, and growth spurts without thinking things through. Monster is a contented, happy little man who doesn't usually fuss unless something is genuinely pissing him off.

After trying his Hyland's Teething Tablets, which often works very quickly, he still wasn't a happy camper. I finally made a last ditch effort to help him nap by taking him for a car ride to pick Hubbs up from work. The soothing ride, seriously, works every time! Instead of going straight home we ventured down to our local big box store to check out some teething rings and toys.

Once we parked and left the vehicle Mr. Monster woke up with a huge smile on his face! Could it be? The happy little baby I've been waiting to see all day? We walked around that store for well over an hour enjoying the smiles, laughs and coo's of our little boy. He stopped to talk to everyone he saw, and looking with interested smiles at everything I had to show it.

Then it hit me... A new interesting environment = An interested, happy baby! Of course! The ever expanding brain of my Monster was merely bored with the sights he sees day in and day out.
I guess it's time to put my mommy pants on and think of new and exciting things for us to do together!

No comments:

Post a Comment