Saturday, July 17, 2010

Gender Determination

When I was pregnant with Monster we chose not to find out his gender via ultrasound before birth. We wanted to keep one of the biggest surprises of our lifetime just that, a surprise.

It definitely worked well for us this time, we have 4 nieces and 1 nephew that we're very close with, who are all under 13. We had more then enough hand-me-downs to sift through before and after my Monster was born. We even painted his bedroom a cheery green color, which I at the time thought was gender neutral, but now realize I must have had that motherly instinct I was about to birth a boy.

I will admit, the surprise ate at my insides. Every time I walked by an infant clothing sales rack I died a little because I couldn't shop for gender specific clothes -yes I too hate yellow- at dirt cheap prices (I love a deal, and usually can't pass it up when it comes to kids clothing)!

We have already decided as a couple that next time I get pregnant we will certainly be finding out the gender of our baby. Not to ruin the greatest surprise of our lifetime, but because it will likely determine if that will be my last pregnancy or not. We decided a long time ago that we will have 2 children, the only exception being if we get two of the same gender right off the bat. We will consider a third in order to have a girl and a boy.

Not that I would be unhappy if I had two little boys running around under my feet, that will grow in to strapping men to hug, love and protect me (along side my husband :D)!

No comments:

Post a Comment