Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mommy Play Dates!

I discovered that meeting new people isn't as scary as I make it out to be in my head.

Hubbs and I met while working at our high school job at a local gas station. We worked together often, thoroughly got to know each other and then started dating. He was my first (and obviously only) boyfriend so I never experienced the pressure of meeting someone for the first time in a one on one experience.

I thought that I just would never do it. I would never meet someone blindly on my own. Until I became a mommy. Apparently my new favorite thing to talk about is my baby, and parenting.

Today I met a lovely lady (for privacy blogging purposes I will call her KK) for a coffee/shopping date. Since we didn't know each other before hand we made it a short appointment, but it went so well! KK's son is 2 days older then Monster and he is her first as well. We have a bunch of random things in common over and above our little boys.

Meeting and talking to her was so relaxed and easy that it's made me think that it's actually not as hard as I thought. Hopefully we will be able to keep in touch, and not let the distance prevent more mommy play dates!

Thank you KK!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I would love that! This will probably sound cheesy but it was so encouraging meeting you. And Monster is adorable

    ReplyDelete