Friday, September 10, 2010

Hand-Me-Downs

When I first heard the words "It's a BOY!" I'd be lying if I said "All I could think about was how many hand-me-downs I'd be getting". Although, the thought did cross my mind after the hospital trip was over and done with.

Monster has a cousin who is a year and a half older then him (Roo), and a soon-to-be best friend Kaders who is about 10 months older then him. You'd think that would mean I'd be swamped with hand-me-down gifts.

Not so.

As you may know I am the proud mother of a Monster (and I say once again, that I use that in the most loving way possible describing his size, not attitude) who is rather large for his age. Therefor, most of the clothes his 2 year old cousin, and 1.4 year old friend are wearing would fit Monster right now. Of course, that's not the case with every single brand of infant clothing. Please Mum, Disney, Carters and Cherokee I've found tend to fit Monster almost perfect for the age suggestion.

Monster and I just got home from visiting in Kelowna, and thankfully we left with one heaping grocery bag of like new hand-me-downs from Kaders. We also left the city with 4 new sleepers, and 3 new shirts. I couldn't pass up Pekkle blanket sleepers from Costco, or the fall sale that Please Mum was having. I live for sales!

I love adding to Monster's wardrobe... But if I can't control myself I will end up bankrupt with only a killer infant wardrobe to show for it!

Note: I realize I am lucky to have any potential hand-me-downs because there are parents who don't have any family or friends living near them, let alone ones that have children close in age. I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment