Monday, September 6, 2010

Infant Naps...

... Or lack there of!

Every parent knows one of the bright shiny parts of their day is infant nap time!

Don't get me wrong, becoming a mother was the best decision I ever made and each day with my Monster makes me love him more and more. Having said that, when Monster sleeps, I can get chores done and have "mommy time".

That means, for the last two weeks I've spent little time actually doing chores. Monster has decided he only needs a couple 5-20 minute naps a day. This wouldn't be too much of a stake in my house hold chore list except that while Monster is sleeping so is Hubbs.

Right now Monster's day looks something like this:

5-7am : Wakes up, eats bottle and falls asleep next to me in bed
8-10am : Wakes up for the day
7-9pm : Bedtime Routine
(With 1 or 2 very short naps in between)

I'm torn about whether I should feel lucky or not. Having a great sleeper during the night and a messy house, or a good napper and a cleaner house? How do you, as a parent make sure everything gets done? Especially if you're a working parent?

In the end, this dilemma is irrelevant because everything will change again soon. As infant milestones are reached and surpassed, so are infant routines.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. my child gave up napping at ONE (totally panicked and hauled her babyarse to the doctor myriad times as well :)).

    BUTBUT at that point she was sleeping through the night entirely.

    which rocked.
    now shes 4 and is a nonthroughnightsleeper and no napper.

    wait.

    this comment isnt much help is it :)

    just know I totally get what youre feeling right now.
    these days.

    TOTALLY GET IT.

    ReplyDelete