Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Traumatic Experience #1 -- Cat Flea Bath

Ok, something weird happened today. It was pretty much the only thing that happened today worth talking about.

Turns out, our pets have fleas. It sucks, I hate it and it sucks. Today I gave a cat a flea bath, it was terribly challenging. I decided to do it in the afternoon after Hubbs had gone to bed which was a bad idea in itself. Monster crawled along behind me to the bathroom to join in the festivities.

I started the bath to get the water warming and then put Sassy into the tub. She let out a cat howl which triggered a monstrous baby howl. I felt a tug on my pant leg followed by the biggest baby tears you'd ever seen! Monster screamed, and cried through the entire flea bath. I couldn't possibly drop the shower head to comfort my sad little boy and have a soapy cat running around the house. I finished the cat bath while reassuring Monster to no avail.

Monster, Sassy and I all recovered for this trying event, but I'm still not entirely sure why this was so traumatic to Monster. I've narrowed it down to two theories:

1. He has an over sized heart when it comes to people and animals, therefore he was so sad and angry that I was making his kitty howl in fear or pain.
2. He was angry that I was giving the cat a bath and not him.

As traumatic as the event was for Monster, I couldn't help but laugh. The reaction was so unexpected it was hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment