Monday, January 10, 2011

New Lifestyle Resolution -- Part One -- The Decision

I've made a promise to myself a couple times in the last 10 months to change my ways. To become a healthy, active mommy and yes, I've also broken that promise a couple times this year.

It was approximately mid December when I decided to make a lifestyle resolution. Every time I made a New Years Resolution I failed, so this time as the New Year approached I decided why wait? Why let myself gorge myself on holiday cheer (chocolate, turkey, egg nog, etc) because starting January 1st I'd be different, I'd change. I made the decision on a random day, and thus far have stuck to it.

Something a fellow mommy-blogger said really hit home with me. She asked herself why she was so willing to feed her baby only healthy, balanced meals but not put that kind of effort in for herself? Since Monster has been able to eat solids I've been obsessive about what he eats and when. As you all know, Monster doesn't need any help from a high fat, high carb, high sugar diet to be a big boy.

Since the day I made the conscious decision to turn my life around I've been setting weekly and monthly goals. For the remainder of December my main goals were:

1. Don't go crazy with holiday treats, at least maintain current weight.
2. Focus on 5 small meals a day in order to keep your metabolism going throughout the day.
3. After lunch switch from coffee to water.
4. Drink at least the daily requirement of water a day.

(To be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment