Friday, July 23, 2010

A Parent's Communicational Tool = Everything in Song!

The day I became a mom, my love of music, and passion for singing really came in handy.

There are very few songs I know word for word, without having the introductory instrumental played before hand to get me going. Aside from nursery rhymes and other children songs, of course. It must be from the hours we logged away playing Rock band or Singstar while Monster was still in utero, but he finds singing (mine in particular) quite comforting.

Score one: Singstar geek!

It's all well and good to sing to your baby to comfort them, but where is the line? How far, is too far? I often find myself making silly songs about everything and anything, just today I wrote a wee ditty about a poopy diaper. Then proceeded to repeat it, over and over again because the tune was stuck in my head.

At least it's something Hubbs and I have in common and enjoy doing together (I say romantically, as if it might be a hobby we both love). Whenever he has a song stuck in his head, he will sing about life to the tune of that song. Now that once annoying trait is fantastic since Monster was born to be entertained by his silly antics.

Score two: Annoying trait, becoming useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment