Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mom-maturity

Farting sounds coming from your mouth, while on the phone trying to have a discussion with your friend about the newest movie you joined your Hubbs in seeing the night before? Only OK if that friend is also the Auntie to the baby you're farting at.

Everyday is a challenge for parents in keeping your child happy and entertained. I'm lucky, because I have a fairly independent Monster, he can keep himself occupied in his exersaucer or with his toys for 15-20 minutes before I have to rescue him with my jester-antics. When I became a parent, I learned quickly to let go of my inhibitions and let my inner child take over again while conversing with Monster.

How could I not? He is, in fact, the cutest 4 month old in the universe and if farting noises, or
sticking out my tongue is the fastest, sure-fire way to see that gloriously large smile, how could I not?

The question is, how do you keep your maturity level once you become a mother (or a
parent), and keep yourself from making weird faces, or razzing noises for adults at a party? I can hear it now, "Wait, wait, wait!! I have the funniest thing to show you guys!"

No comments:

Post a Comment