Monday, July 19, 2010

Attack of the Post-Baby Booty

I was recently on the 'March 2010 Babies' home board at whattoexpect.com and came across a thread regarding "after baby body".

One of my fellow March mommies referred to her newly spread hips, and cup-sized bigger boobs as a badge of honor for her bravery during pregnancy and delivery. I giggled to myself (Hubbs isn't home, and Monster is sleeping.. Oh, and LOLA doesn't judge) when I read it, because it's so true!

That badge of honor is just not something mothers often talk about to a newly pregnant woman! The scale might say that you've finally reached your pre-pregnancy weight, however your jeans still say "Heck no! We wont go.... up and higher!" There are a lot of things that happened to me during pregnancy that I wasn't really expecting or didn't notice the magnitude of change until I delivered.

Hair is another huge thing! Yes, I heard stories about fast growing, glorious hair once pregnancy hormones kicked in, and yes, that is something I enjoyed. However, something that was very unexpected to me was that my leg hairs grew at an alarmingly slower right whilst I was with child. Now, I feel like a she-man! I have furry legs every single day, even if I shaved the day before, and I'm loosing all the glorious strands from on top my head! These things are normal, but since they haven't been normal to me for over a year, the changes feel drastic! Everyday I'm in the shower, I fear I will leave it without any hair on my head!

At least these physical changes are changes I can get used to, even if it might take some time for adjustment.


2 comments:

  1. Great job Christine - you have a good way with words:) Having three beautiful children, I can reassure you - although a great deal of hair seems to go down the drain with each washing, I'm still not bald:)
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... I keep hearing about the post pregnancy hair loss, but I never had any changes. I guess I'm lucky :) My hair/hair growth rate never ever changed through pregnancy and post delivery, which I guess is good because my hair has always been the one thing people compliment me on :)
    ~Marci~

    ReplyDelete