Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Evening Stroll

I have to admit, I absolutely love hanging out with other mommies, who don't mind talking about parenting, kids, and problems.

Parenting is the hardest, yet most rewarding job in the world. How else would we learn what's best for our families and our children then trial and error (our own, and hearing about our friends). Tonight I went for a walk with my very, very pregnant friend (lets call her Ms.L) who is also a mother of two toddler boys.

It's nice to see her interacting with her toddler, all the while, taking metal notes on some of her techniques in preparation for my own toddler Monster. Of course, everyone has their own parenting styles, but like I said, you live and learn and sometimes it's by watching others.

The best thing we discussed tonight was accepting other mothers (parents), and their own parenting styles, even if they're different from our own. As long as what they're doing is safe, and the best that they can do with what they have, who can ask for anything more of them? Ms. L isn't someone I often turn to for advice, because I'm reluctant to ask for advice from anyone, but just sharing her experiences with me is enough to make me appreciate her friendship even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment