Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Traditions

I have decided to start calling myself a 'Christmas Enthusiast'... I'm pretty enthusiastic about a lot of things, but this year I am over-the-moon for Christmas! How could I not be? I have a son to share it with!

I've been thinking about different Christmas traditions I had growing up, Hubbs had growing up and the ones we've made typical since becoming a couple. I'd like to have a few new develop this year in our little 3 person family because of our new addition. When I was little I remember always asking to open "..just ONE present?" on Christmas Eve, and always being denied. I get it. Christmas is on Christmas... But I'd like to start a tradition with my little family that we all get to open one gift on Christmas Eve. And it will always be Pajamas. I'm sure that a lot of families do this so it's not really a new idea, but it's new and exciting to me!

I was also reading a blog (I think?) recently that described the families stocking tradition. I've always had stockings, and they've always been filled with little treats and small things like lip gloss, or batteries (if I got a toy that year that required them) and that was great! I love when Santa brings me a stocking even now! This blogger's tradition however was slightly different. She filled her stockings with small treat-like things that the kids could eat for breakfast. In my mind I'm picturing individually wrapped muffins or cinnamon buns with fruit, nuts, a juice to drink and maybe a small chocolate treat.

I think that idea is just FANTASTIC! A breakfast stocking! It would be such a challenge to come up with new things every year... Obviously this year it would be the most realistic. Anything "treat" like, I wouldn't let Monster eat at this age, and any toys that are small enough to fit in the stocking probably aren't age appropriate.

Stay tuned for Christmas Traditions - Part Two

No comments:

Post a Comment