Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Wrap Up

Well, there you have it. We've spent a month preparing for our favorite holiday... and it's officially over.

At the beginning of October I was so excited about my favorite holiday that I started shopping for some new decorations, and searching high and low for an infant dalmatian costume. Mid October we finally got all the decorations up inside the house, and outside on our porch and purchased the best pumpkins we could find from DeMille's Farm.

Once we found Monster's costume, and received the finishing touches of Hubbs Silent Bob costume in the mail, I couldn't help but be ecstatic thinking about Halloween! This year the usual one day event lasted all weekend. A weekend of Halloween BLISS! Friday we all dressed up and went trick-or-treating at one of our local malls, and the down town center. Monster spent much of the day chillin' in his stroller playing with a large bag of cotton candy he received from a local shop that makes it. We trick-or-treated with his cousins, a couple family friends and his little girlfriend Buneez (She was an adorable pumpkin). I chose not to wear a white fur coat for my Cruella DeVil costume because I knew realistically that I wouldn't wear it long indoors so I'm sad to report not many people know who I was!

Friday night was also the day of our families yearly Halloween Party. Many games, laughs and good times were had by all. Saturday night, the Halloween festivities were more for the adults. Monster spent the night with his grandma and grandpa while Hubbs and I celebrated at a couple local bars with our closest friends (and family). Jay (Uncle Slim) and Silent Bob (Hubbs) won best costume at both places!

Which brings us to today. We hadn't planned on doing any real trick or treating because, lets face it... Monster can't walk, can't talk, and most importantly can't EAT any of the candy. Honestly, I'd feel a little ridiculous going door to door with an almost 8 month old. We did, however, take him to his each of his grandparents houses, and a couple of his aunties houses to show off his adorable costume. He obviously didn't really know what was going on, but going through the motions was still a good time.

Photos coming soon!   

2 comments:

  1. he he we took adrienne nobody said anything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but you know a lot of the people in Canoe.. I don't even know my neighbors. Plus, I LOVE handing out candy!

    ReplyDelete