Saturday, November 6, 2010

Life in Crazy Town!

For the last month (wait, perhaps longer..) Hubbs has been on compressed shift at work. Essentially he's off Monday to Friday, but then works three 10.5 hour shifts over a 48 hour period.

Thankfully after four weeks on that god forsaken shift and two weeks holidays we're soon returning to our routine. Normally Hubbs works the graveyard shift, comes home, hangs out with the Monster and I until about 4 in the afternoon and then heads to bed for a sleep before his shift rolls around at 1am. We got on a fairly good routine, and I'd often get to skip out on making dinner because I could just head to my moms.

After the month we just had, with a sick and teething infant, plus Hubbs crazy work schedule I am SO looking forward to some normalcy. Just in time for Christmas preparation! I will have my normal evening-mommy-quiet time after Monster goes to bed, and before I go to bed to get things in order. I swear my house stays cleaner when I have alone time to do it the cleaning in!

Of course, this normalcy can only really last two and a half months longer because soon I'll be returning to work. Eek! That is a whole new ballgame, a whole new set of routines and I don't even want to think about that! Lets get Christmas over with first... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, ick. At least you have a job to go back to, so you don't have to hunt in this job market?

    ReplyDelete