Sunday, October 3, 2010

Finding Me - Interests in Photography

Recently I blogged about trying to figure out who I am, and what I love aside from my Hubbs and Monster. Click here to read Finding the Me in Mommy blog post.

I have some mild interests in writing which is why I do this. I blog for me, and eventually so my child(ren) can read about our adventures when they're older. I'm sentimental like that, I also saved about 30 old Cosmo magazines from the early 2000's in case I have a daughter who is interested in fashion and retro styles like I am. They are in pristine condition and I can't wait to look at them in 20 years!

Anyways, I also have some interest in photography, mostly floral and natural photography. I adore photographing flowers, leaves, sunlight and other natural things, and then editing them. Both banners this blog has had have been my own photos, edited myself. I am happy with the camera I have for what I need it for, but if I plan on attempting to develop into an amateur photographer in the future I'll need to look into getting a much better camera with super amazing features. Like I said, that's definitely for the future though.

Here are some sample photos, all completely unedited. Please click the photo to see it full sized:



These first two were taken two years ago now... My neighbors garden.


The floors at that grow on the side of my house. One of my interests is not gardening so I'm not sure what these are...


Company golf trip this summer... I just loved the lighting! Thanks A.C for being a good action shot model!


Amazing lighting in my moms backyard this summer. The banner for my blog was taken at the same time as this one.


My engagement ring hanging out in my moms rose bush.


This photo was taken at the golf course during the company golf trip. It was clearly a beautiful day. I guess learning the names of the flowers would be a good first step in becoming an amateur floral photographer..?

1 comment:

  1. Flower in picture #3 is Clematis. I have some "purple" ones.. hehee... surprise right. ha

    Chevygirl

    ReplyDelete