Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Social Network - Movie Review

Anyone who has a computer with Internet access has heard of facebook.com. That is not a proven fact, however I strongly believe it to be true.

The Social Network is a film made to tell the story of how the website facebook.com came to be the multibillion (yes billion) dollar company it is today. I can't say that I was ever overly interested in learning about how the site came to be, that was until they made a movie about it.

I am a pretty huge movie buff, I thoroughly enjoy watching hours of cinematic adventures! I was intrigued but the actor Jesse Eisenberg, he has a strange appeal with the potential of becoming a very talented actor. The movie was a well written (and acted) reenactment of something that is actually kind of boring. The creation of a website? Without the amazing script and actors it would have been as interesting as a high school computer class tutorial.

Jesse Eisenberg, and Andrew Garfield are two strong young actors I anticipate we'll likely see a lot more of in the near future.

Amazingly enough, the highlight of this great movie for me was the cinematography. It was filmed and edited so beautifully. They softened parts of scenes so that the viewers attention is on strictly what is essential to the storyline. Artistically I was in awe of the film, anyone who knows me would probably be shocked to hear me say that. I'm known to be strictly addicted to characters and their emotions.

All in all, there is so much going on in the film, I feel like I should watch it twice before deciding whether or not to buy it and add it to our epic collection.

Successful date night!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment