Sunday, October 24, 2010

Seventh Month Review

Back when Monster was five months old I wrote a blog post regarding the fact that the 5th month of Monsters life so far had been my favorite.

Right now, I have decided that the 7th month has been the most trying. It really has nothing to do with Monster meeting and surpassing his infant milestones, or growing more and more into a little person but the fact that so far this month we've had a few interesting things to deal with.

Monsters first infant cold hit him early this month, and lasted for approximately a week. We spent that whole week with sleepless nights, sleepy days, and relieving his discomfort as best we could by saline rinses, steamy baths, and Vicks Vapo Rub.

Just when we began to get Monster back into his routine severe teething hit. Luckily teething comes and goes with him so he might have a bad couple of hours every few days. I can handle terrible infant teething because usually it just presses on my mommy patience during the day light hours. Like I said, teething is a Monster I can handle.... 

However an infant with an ear infection is a whole other ball game! Just when everything started to level out around here Monster was diagnosed with an infant ear infection and so far has been awake at least once every single night. It makes me really feel for the parents who have not had the opportunity to experience a full nights sleep since their infants were born. Monster started sleeping through the night by two months and never experienced the 4th month sleep regression. That means for the last 5ish months (at least) Hubbs and I have had any where from 6-12 hours per night of silence.

Oh how I wish for those days to return... Infant sleep training might be the next challenge on my plate, in order to get Monster back into his nighttime routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment