Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Possible Homeopathic Solution - The Gallbladder

I can always count on my beautiful, very "green" sister-in-law to show my another alternative to any health situation.

She might as well be a naturopath, because she is as insightful as one. She often refers to her "naturopathic bible" The Prescription for Nutritional Healing. Once she heard that I was having issues with my Gallbladder, being the amazing sister-in-law that she is, ran to her "bible" and immediately sought out nutritional solutions for my issues. Here is what she found:

If your gallbladder is inflamed it suggests avoiding solid foods for a few days. It says to consume only distilled or spring water, pear juice, beet juice, and apple juice. My gallbladder pain might be bad, but I don't know if I can honestly live off of a sugary-liquid diet for at least three days. I think I will come back to this suggestion as a last resort.

The Prescription for Nutritional Healing also suggests that one who is prone to Gallbladder disorders maintain a healthy diet by:

-Eating a diet consisting of 75% raw foods
-Include applesauce, eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, broiled fish, fresh apples and beets.
-To cleanse the system drink as much pure, unsweetened apple juice as possible for 5 days.
-Avoid sugar, animal fat and meat, fried foods, spicy foods, margarine, pop, coffee, chocolate and refined carbohydrates.

It sounds like a healthy diet, one that most people should follow anyways. I'm just not sure if I will be great at avoiding chicken, and steak. My health is a good enough reason to avoid fast food restaurants though!

Wish me well on this new road of my life! Cheers to a new me and body coming with this new lifestyle!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment