Friday, August 6, 2010

Trip to Herold's Park

On Sunday we took Monster for his first picnic to Herold's Park. In the past family picnics were a weekly occurrence for my husbands family but since all the "kids" are grown ups and have kids of their own, they are less often, but just as special.

Packing for a trip to the beach is like packing for a over night vacation when it comes to an infant. That might be dramatic, but I'm somewhat of an over packer. I'd really rather have too much stuff with me, then be without something I really need. Herold's Park is right on the Shuswap lake, so I knew there would be a swimming adventure involved in the picnic. I had to pack all the necessary items for the family (My family of three, not my husbands massive family) to eat, go swimming, dry off, change, hike (we didn't end up hiking), and be in the sun.

An hour of packing and checking off the lists in my head, we finally left our house, and only had to turn around once because I had forgotten something. Luckily it was only after driving for a minute, and not after getting to Herold's (which is about 20 minutes from our house). Only once? I'm impressed too! :)




We spent all afternoon playing in the water and at the beach with Monster, my 4 nieces and
nephew. Monster only enjoyed looking at the water, he wasn't a big fan of the cooler
temperature (Despite that adorable smile above). I guess for now, we'll have to stick to the temperature regulated pool at the recreation center! Once he got dried off and set up in his stroller with his toys, he really loved the beach!


Auntie TgM and Uncle CgM brought their Kayaks and took the older kids for a spin on the lake, which they thought was tres cool! The event came to an end when Hubbs found patches of incredibly itchy bug bites all over his body, so unfortunately we didn't get the chance to hike over to Margaret Falls. That will be an adventure for a different day, maybe one when I have a jogger stroller that can conquer the mighty mounts of the forested path!






No comments:

Post a Comment