Friday, August 6, 2010

Somedays are just plain challenging


Somedays can be challenging when it comes to parenting an infant. In our case a 5 month old.

Today just happened to be one of those days. Now, I'm not one for complaining because I realize that I have it pretty easy when it comes to my job as a mommy. My Monster generally sleeps from 8pm until 6am give or take up to an hour in either direction. Lately (the last couple of weeks) he's also been going back to sleep right after his morning bottle until 8:30 or 9am. That in itself is grounds for not complaining.

Not to mention, on a day to day basis Monster is happy, content and pretty accepting to changes in his environment, as long as it doesn't effect his bedtime routine.

Today was just one if those days. Every parent has them, even if it's just once in awhile. Monster decided early on in the day that he was only going to be happy in one of his parents arms. The rest of the time he would holler, fidget or fuss.

I think this need to be close to us stemmed from yesterday. He spent a good majority of the day with one set of grandparents and then the other, so he probably just missed us.

I am sympathetic to his needs and feelings now, since he's fast asleep and the house is quiet. I've been able to reflect on the day and my frustrations with him and realize he probably just missed us. Plain and simple.

How does a parent learn to be patient and read their children when the frustrating time is happening and not have to realize their short comings later?




- Posted using BlogPress a from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment