Sunday, August 1, 2010

The joys of a Son

Long before I became a parent I became a Today's Parent Magazine subscriber.

I enjoy most of the monthly articles, pulling advice and opinions from the pages, but this month went above and beyond article wise. As I flipped over the pages, I found one with the heading "Boy's Rock, Girls's Rule". "Boy Joys" was the subheading found over top a list of 10 things that make a parent lucky to have a son.

This inspired me, and made my heart swell three sizes as I read it. One day, in the not so distant future I will have a brute of a son, likely towering over me, who will be able to to love, and protect me just as well as my husband. Despite the smart as$ remarks he will learn from his father, I am excited about the future, and being able to watch my son grow into a man.

Having a son means having someone (another person, in my case. I don't want to undermine my Hubbs!) in your life who will always make you feel important and beautiful, even if you're lazing about in your pajamas, with your hair in a pony tail.

Please, click here to read the article too!



No comments:

Post a Comment