Sunday, August 15, 2010

Infant Bouncy Chair -- Help to Hazard

I married into a decent sized family who are all still very close. Most importantly, that means hand-me-downs are pretty easy to come by.

Amongst the hand-me-downs I received when Monster was born was a simple wire bouncy chair. My sister in law boasted that it was a godsend and for the last 5 months is certainly has been!

When I became a mother the only way that I could hang on to my sanity and independence was to do my hair and put on my face every single day. I feel good about myself starting my day if I feel like I look presentable. Somedays Monster wouldn't allow me to get to that comfortable point until well into the afternoon, but I made sure I got to it.

That's were the bouncy seat came to great use. It's been an almost permanent fixture on my bathroom counter since Monsters birth. Each day I would plunk him in it and start my personal morning routine while he supervised.

Recently though, Monster has surpassed the "Sitting up Unsupported" milestone and often uses his core muscles to lean forward in the bouncy seat to get a closer look at something on the floor or counter. Therefor my helpful morning tool has now become a deadly (maybe not deadly, but very painful) hazard for Monster.

Just like the infant carrier car seat, my trusty wire bouncy seat will now have to be retired to the storage area with the rest of the things Monster has prematurely outgrown. Not to mention that I will have to find some other way to occupy Monster each morning...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I'm finding that the exersaucer and jumperoo are useful tools.

    ReplyDelete