Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Utterly Disgusted.

Hubbs and I have a mutual agreement. Safety coming first when it comes to Monster.

It seems like common sense when you have a little life in your hands. That's why I am in utter shock when I see blatant irresponsibility on a parents part. A few days ago we were shopping at our local mall... of course right? Tis the season! As we were leaving the store and walking towards our truck Hubbs pointed out a van to my right. It was parking, and he said he'd just watched it pull in to the parking lot.

I looked over to see a baby no more then a month old sitting in the front seat. No infant carrier. No car seat. No seatbelt. Just a mother holding her infant in the front passenger seat of her van. I stared for a minute before I felt Hubbs pull me forward by the hand.

I instantly felt like I needed to vomit. Every single terrible worst case scenario entered my mind with vivid images. Once I climbed into our truck I wanted to scream! I wanted to go back and tell that mother she should be ashamed of herself, and ask her what she could possibly be thinking!?

Then we drove away. Tell me, why is there not an IQ test to bring a child into this world? How could a mother justify that action? I am disgusted.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. omg i totally understand! i worked in a drive thru and you have no clue the shit a person sees. its infuriating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suggestion: If you ever see it again, call 911 with the license plate. Or at least call the non emergency line. They can hunt them down and ticket/fine/open an investigation with the Ministry/whatever else needs to be done. That is just not okay.

    ReplyDelete