Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Baby Talk! It's for real!

Ok, so maybe its not for real but it is exciting!

The eighth month so far has been the most exciting! It wasn't long after I posted Monster's What to Expect 8th month milestone list that he started crawling full force and getting into absolutely everything. Now he's practicing pulling himself up on furniture. He's able to get up on one knee and one foot. Basically, one step away from a full stand! I've never really been concerned about Monster's physical development. He's usually faster, or right on time with those milestones.

However when "Saying Mama or Dada indiscriminately" came up on the last two months milestone lists and Monster hadn't started yet, I will admit I did worry a tiny bit. He has been saying "Hi" and "Hey" for a long time, but never the typical first words.

Tonight he did it. He's been saying "Da Da" loud and proud! Crawling around, repeating it in high or low voices and practicing saying it as an explanation or a question form. Almost as if he was rubbing it in a little.

I'm just far too proud to be jealous.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment