Wednesday, March 16, 2011

First Steps

Every Wednesday my two oldest nieces come over and babysit my Monster. They take over for Hubbs around 2:30 in the afternoon and tire my tot out by hours of playing and laughing.

February 16th was no ordinary Wednesday, it was the day Monster took his first REAL steps!

Let me back track a little. On February 11th was my oldest nieces Birthday party. Typical Birthdays in our family means everyone joins in the fun, even if you're a teenager and all your friends are going to be there. ;) It was a cool snow covered evening where we all gathered at my in laws. The highlight of my night wasn't the cake (much to my surprise) but watching the two boys running back and forth the length of the rec room in the basement. Reed, my nephew was running full speed back and forth laughing non-stop. Monster on the other hand was stuck waddling behind him pushing a walker-toy.

Apparently, that was NOT good enough for Monster. Within three days he had completely learned to walk. He would no longer be left behind by his older cousin!

The reason I started this blog the way I did was because the first official steps where taken on a Wednesday. I walked in the door, K.Honor (my oldest niece) stood Monster up and had him walk over to my welcoming arms! I was ecstatic! I couldn't deny, however, how proud my K.Honor looked having witnessed Monster's first steps before anyone else in the world. A small part of my is saddened that because I chose to work, I miss milestones like this, but what would bring a family closer together then being able to share those moments with the ones you love?

If it couldn't be Hubbs or I, I'm glad it was K.Honor and Telly!

No comments:

Post a Comment