Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Typical or Genius?

I'm at a crossroads... Something happened yesterday and I'm not sure if it's evidence of a typical baby or a supremely genius baby?

Let me set up the situation. Hubbs and I are in the living room eating breakfast, Monster had already eaten his so he was playing on the floor next to me, and Lola (our pug kid) was begging for scraps as usual. I decided to toss a bite of toast for Lola and it landed in the center of the base of our exersaucer.

This presented a dilemma for Lola because the base isn't flat so that it can rock around while your baby is playing in it. Every time she put her paw on it, it rocked forward so got scared. After about 5 minutes of her surveying the situation and trying different angles she still hadn't been brave enough to get the toast.

Monster watched as Lola struggled and decided he could get the toast for her. He bum scooted closer and attempted the same feat fearlessly. His arm length was the only thing that kept him from achieving his goal.

I am surprised and amazed at the thought processes it must have taken in order to see Lola failing and decide that he would give it a shot. I'm not sure if this behavior is typical "I want what she wants!" or if it's genius baby problem solving?

I know Monsters behavior is evolving everyday but what is typical for a 7 month old in terms of problem solving?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment