Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinners!

Yesterday was the first of our two family Thanksgiving dinners. Unfortunately because of the compressed shift Hubbs is on, Monster and I ventured over to my parents alone.

My mom tries her hardest to work her holiday meals around every ones work schedules, but unfortunately it doesn't always work out. This year our dinner was my parents, grandparents, soon-to-be-brother-in-law, Monster and I. I am slightly heartbroken that Hubbs didn't get to witness the first time Monster tried turkey, stuffing and a bite of cranberries.

Ok, you can slap me on the wrist for not only allowing Monster to try ONE new food. I couldn't help myself! Reasoning: He's tried chicken without an allergic reaction, chicken vs. turkey? Same thing! The only part of the stuffing he tried was soft bread hunks. He's had toast, turkey flavored break hunks vs toast? Same thing! He did fantastically! He LOVED Thanksgiving food!

Side note for Canadian moms: Why is everyone so absolutely obsessed with smothering everything in gravy? When I tell people Monster hates potatoes, they suggest gravy. You know what? I don't think smothering a carb with animal fat and salt is the right way to get him to eat something he hates! Ew. Monster is HUGE for his age and has gotten that way just from infant formula, fruit, veggies, lean meats, and infant cereals. He does not need any help gaining weight, especially from a food that is purely animal fat!

Ok, I'm done ranting...

Tomorrow will be Thanksgiving dinner number two at my in laws house. Normally they're pretty set on having Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday but since this is Monsters first Thanksgiving and Hubbs would be missing it completely they changed it for us. We are incredibly grateful! Mostly because turkey is fantastic! It's really no wonder Monster liked it so much, I think he had it 8 times while still in uteri. MmMmM Turkey!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment