Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Infant Fruit Snacks!

All along my Monster has adored most food I feed him, or place on his tray to feed himself. That is the main reason why I've avoided feeding him junk. He'd probably love it!

From day one of Monster's solids eating career fruits and veggies have been the major staple in his diet. That hasn't changed in the slightest, even now when infant snacking is taking front seat in our daily challenges. If I want a snack I might grab an apple or some crispy minis, both of which Monster can't eat.

Yesterday when I walking around the grocery store searching for the perfect infant snack I thought about Monsters favorite food. Fruit. I came across frozen blueberries and raspberries and thought they'd be perfect. Thaw however many you want for a perfect serving size and place them on Monsters tray to feed himself because they're the perfect pincer grasp size.

This morning Monster had blueberries with his porridge. It was perfect in every way! Today at snack time I thawed some raspberries and mixed them into yogurt! Monster went bananas over it! He liked it so much that I stole a bite, it kind of tasted like a frozen yogurt dessert! I approve! A word of caution to the mommies out there: Thawed blueberries and raspberries make quite a mess when you leave your infant to their own devices! Spray and wash is a must! ;)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment