Sunday, December 12, 2010

Family Traditions - The Christmas Tree 2010 - With Photos

Setting up the Christmas Tree each year is a family affair.

Everyone piles into the truck and drives down to pick out the best tree. Up until this year, by everyone I mean "Hubbs and I". The most important factor when picking out at family Christmas Tree, is that it is REAL. The tree has to be tall enough to be able to touch the ceiling once the star is on top, and has to be full, glorious, but spacey enough to display each ornament in a perfect green hole.

There is never a theme when it comes to colors and ornaments. Actually, the theme is "Christmas Past" as every year we proudly display ornaments as old or older then we are. Plus some we've collected each Christmas since we've been together. Each different, crazy ornament has it's own story and it's own special place with us at Christmas.






This year is Monster's first Christmas so a new ornament was most definitely in order. A babies first Christmas ornament that I will keep safe and cherish until he is grown and has his own Christmas tree. This ornament was picked out by his grandma (my mom) and is a baby boy teddy bear on a carousel horse.






I presume my mother will pick up with the Christmas tradition my grandmother started with her grandchildren. Each year she purchased a new Christmas Tree ornament until we (her grandchildren) were 16, at which time she got us all tree toppers. The idea was so that we when were grown and moved out of the house we'd have something to work with on our very first Christmas alone. I still have almost every single ornament on my tree even after all these years.

2 comments:

  1. as much as i love it when other people have wonderful chaotic tacky christmas trees im kind of a stickler for color themed trees >.< if i had my way my tree would have just red, gold and black on it :) but unfortunately logan really likes blue and silver so we have five colors, i refuse to put green on the tree as the tree is already green lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to ignore the fact that you called my tree tacky, especially since you preach regularly that everyone has a right to be different.

    I don't agree with themed trees but I also don't make fun of people who have them.

    ReplyDelete