Monday, December 20, 2010

Mommy in Denial!

This mommy has been in denial for about a month now. It's been a month since I returned to work and Hubbs took over my job as "Primary Daytime Care Giver" for our Monster.

My Monster has gone from a very near perfect little sleeper to a terrible sleeper in the blink of an eye. I don't know how it happened but I do have my suspicions. We went from an 8 month old who could put himself to sleep, and self soothe in the night to a 9 month old who has to be rocked to sleep and wakes up during the night. Ugh! I'm freaking out! I'm thinking it was caused by a desperate Hubbs trying to find his own daytime routine with Monster, or the fact that Monster wants to spend as much time with me while I'm home that he can.

Since Hubbs and I are both working full time and are full time parents when were off work we don't have the energy to fight with Monster and his terrible new sleep habits. I've resorted to bringing Monster to bed with me when he wakes in the night rather then interrupting my sleep completely why rocking him back to sleep. I will pause for the shocked cringing! I need sleep! I've started a new job, and need a well rested brain in order to learn my new routines and study for my licensing exam on January 5th.

I don't want to be a co-sleeping parent and I don't want my marital bed to become a family bed. That is why I'm dedicating my Christmas holidays to sleep training. I have 5 days off starting December 24th and I plan on righting this wrong before I create a total bedtime Toddler-Monster!

Now, I'll have to find the right technic for our family quick! Any suggestions for this naive mommy are more then welcomed!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment