Sunday, July 25, 2010

Packing for a Sleep Over

Yesterday I let my Monster go for his third sleepover since he was born.

I am so lucky to have a content baby, and such an established bedtime routine that it's pretty easy for my mom (and a select few others) to care for him at bedtime or overnight. The worst part of the whole thing, isn't even the missing him while he's gone part, but rather the trying to pack everything he could possibly need while he's gone part.

Any parent who has traveled with an infant knows the dread that comes along with packing.

The only way for me to keep my sanity yesterday was to replay his bedtime routine over and over again in my head, checking off each item we use as I packed it up. The next challenge was with preparing enough food, solids and otherwise to send along with him for meal times. Since we've started serving solids to Monster 3 times a day, he has to have his food and bottle times planned out accordingly.

I'm not one for doing things willy-nilly and I know my mom knows Monster inside and out, almost as well I as do, but I still felt the need to write everything out on paper for her to refer to as needed. Worst case scenario, she'd just have to call me anyways.

I managed to remember everything the needed, right down to his nighttime massage lotion for after his bath, but when we pulled up into my moms driveway I realized I had forgotten the bassinet. Of course, the thing he was supposed to SLEEP IN! Fear not readers, my packing short comes were only met with my mom's over accommodation. Before Monster was even born she had invested in a playpen (Where he slept last night), car seat, high chair, and stroller.

What would I do without my mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment